For some, retirement is drawing near and it is time to start planning where you want to set up camp. There are so many amazing places down under which makes it very hard to select just a handful of top spots to retire. So, we asked our team members what they thought and they came up with 4 great locations that you might be already considering.
Let’s take a look!
#4 The Hunter Valley.
Hmm…wonder why this made the list? Great tasting wine, picturesque vineyards and the quaint country setting. Hunter Valley is the place to be for retirees.
- Close to Sydney and Newcastle
- Golf and other outdoor activities
#3 Sunshine Coast.
Sunshine Coast is one of the highlights of South East Queensland. It has a long stretch of amazing beaches but with less of a crowd then its Golden counterpart, Gold Coast. Sunshine Coast’s relaxed community is what makes it a great place to settle down for retirement.
- So many famous beaches including Noosa, Mooloolaba, Maroochydore and Caloundra
- Only an hours drive to Brisbane
- Quiet and peaceful with well-priced home and rentals
A beautiful little town that borders Queensland and New South Wales, Coolangatta is fast becoming a beloved place for retirement. Great wide open beaches, amazing views of both hinterland and sea, and some of the best little local cafes and restaurants on the coast. It is no wonder this made number 2!
- Close to the Gold Coast Airport
- Great shopping precincts including a short drive to Robina Town Centre
- Very affordable in comparison to other options
- Very relaxed lifestyle
#1 Esperance. (Just look at that water)
Now, do we really need to talk about why this was the number 1 pick? A great friendly community, unspoilt coastline, pristine white beaches and affordable housing. This is definitely a great place to retire.